Sample trivia quiz discussed in post â€œAre trivia quizzes an indictment of public education?â€
Questions on sports and entertainment
1. Horse racing is watched and played all around the world. If I was a jockey, where would I go to every morning to train?
87% correctly chose track.
2. Who originally recorded the stadium anthem ‘We Will Rock You’?
85% correctly chose Queen.
3. What is the name of the spacecraft used in the TV series, ‘Star Trek’?
86% correctly chose Enterprise.
4. In 1995, what honor was bestowed on Brad?
Entertainment Weeklyâ€™s Best Entertainer/the title of â€œSirâ€/Peopleâ€™s Sexiest Man Alive/AFI Life Achievment [sic] Award.
88% correctly chose Peopleâ€™s Sexiest Man Alive.
Questions on vocabulary, history, and literature
5. There I was in my robe, looking like some kind of a monster, when the doorbell rang. I hobbled down the hallway, barely avoiding that dog’s bone again, and swung open the door to reveal my date holding a nosegay. What is a nosegay?
small bunch of flowers/stuffed toy/box of chocolates/bunch of helium balloons
82% correctly chose small bunch of flowers.
6. Who did Uganda gain independence from?
Spain/France/Great Britain/United States of America.
76% correctly chose Great Britain.
7. “I believe this government cannot endure permanently half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved, I do not expect the house to fall, but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing, or all the other.”
Abraham Lincoln/John Bell/Stephen Douglass/Sam Houston
73% correctly chose Abraham Lincoln.
8. Which was the most famous crossing point through the Berlin Wall?
Checkpoint Charlie/Checkpoint Beta/Checkpoint Alpha/Checkpoint Delta
77% correctly chose Checkpoint Charlie.
9. Where did the story “White Fang” take place?
California/Las Vegas/Italy/Yukon Territory
82% correctly chose Yukon Territory.
10. According to the bible, Eve ate the forbidden fruit which could have been a fig. What did Adam and Eve then do?
climbed the tree to look at the sunset/used fig leaves to cover their â€œprivateâ€ parts/caught the serpent and ate it too/burned the tree down
73% correctly chose used fig leaves to cover their private parts.