Parents are their child’s first teachers. According to the American English Doctor, parents can protect their children from school failure by observing the following rules:
1. Make their children’s preschool years as rich as possible in language by talking to them, playing with them, and reading to them on a daily basis.
2. Teach their children the letters of the alphabet as they teach them the names of other objects in their environment and play with letter sounds so the child learns to hear them individually in words.
3. Send their children to school in a teachable condition.
4. Have a clear idea of what they want their children to learn so they can supplement schoolwork with practice and material not provided in the local classroom.
5. Evaluate their children’s developing skills and knowledge at every grade with informal testing at home.